We accept inquiries throughout the year.
Please fill out the prospective students form to let us know of your interest in CTE. We will start reviewing your information. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
How do I apply to Virginia Tech and the CTE program?
If you are a student interested in becoming a part of the CTE program, note that you must apply to become a graduate student at Virginia Tech. To receive full consideration for admission for the Fall semester of next year, please complete your application to Virginia Tech by the deadline for the specific CTE-affiliated department in which you seek to receive your graduate degree.
- Please visit the Virginia Tech Graduate School for general information on the graduate program.
- The application to the Graduate School at Virginia Tech is available on the Admissions Page. You will find detailed instructions for applying online or via mail-in forms.
When selecting a program of study in your graduate school application, you can choose to apply directly to the CTE program
or to a department/program that participates in CTE.
- If you apply directly to a department, be sure to submit the supplemental materials via firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you apply directly to the CTE program, be sure to indicate your desired home department. You will receive your graduate degree from this department/program.
What supplemental application materials should I submit?
- Statement of purpose that explains your interest in CTE and how our program of education and training will help you achieve your career goals.
- A summary of your background that discusses what qualifies you for graduate education and research at the interface of the computing, tissue engineering and systems biology.
- The names of the three CTE faculty (with at least one from the computational sciences and at least one from the biomedical engineering or systems biology) whose research most interests you.